INTRODUCTION TO MOSAICS
WORKSHOP DETAILS 2018
Sunday January 28th
Sunday February 25th
Sunday March 25th
Sunday April 22nd
Sunday May 27th
Sunday June 24th
TIME: 9:30am - 4:30pm
LOCATION:Rear 747 Darling St, Rozelle
COST: $159 inclusive of materials
WHAT TO BRING: Click here to download the list
What You Will Learn
- Learn the indirect method of mosaic making using sticky plastic
How to use mosaic tools and cutting techniques for cutting specific mosaic shapes
- Learn about the art of colour theory and the elements of mosaic design
What You Get
- Wooden board substrate, mosaic glass tiles, sticky plastic, loan of tools (these materials are inclusive in the workshop fee)
- An A4 sized (approx 30 x 20cm) mosaic mat of your own design to take home
- Coloured grout and grouting instructions to take home, to finish your mosaic artwork
- You will come away with a variety of resources (books, videos, articles) that will guide and inspire your art making journey.
- You will have access to purchase additional mosaic materials from our studio storeroom
Introduction to Mosaics is a one-day workshop for mosaic beginners. You will learn the indirect method of mosaic making using sticky plastic, and how to work with glass tiles.
During the day you will also cover cutting techniques for specific mosaic shapes, health & safety tips for studio practice, and the elements of mosaic design. Enrol into this workshop and make your first mosaic - an A4 sized (approx 30 x 20cm) mat to take home!