The Studio of Spontaneous Creativity is pleased to host Printmaking Artist Seraphina Martin for a 1 day Monoprinting immersion workshop.
Seraphina Martin studied printmaking at the National Art School in Paris, and moved to Sydney in 1979 to teach at the Sydney University Art Workshop. She has taught printmaking for over 35 years, and her work is influenced by her Indian experience and Medieval art aesthetics. Seraphina has been the recipient of various residencies, has had many solo and group exhibitions, and is represented in many public and private collections in Australia and Overseas.
DATE: Saturday 21st May 2016
TIME: 9:30pm - 4:00pm
LOCATION: Rear 747 Darling St, Rozelle NSW 2039
WORKSHOP FEE: $165
MATERIALS FEE: $15 cash to be paid to tutor
What you will learn
• How to create a fine art print on quality printmaking papers using the etching press, to create unique images
• How to use and manipulate many colour blends on state of the art printing rollers, which will be applied onto various surfaces
• How to experiment and work with different found objects from the natural world such as leaves, natural fibres, feathers, plant forms as well as paper cut shapes, fabrics, lace or mesh
What you will get
• Between 8 – 10 A5 sized prints, each exploring different printing techniques and many colour variations
• An understanding of how a print evolves and the aesthetic values associated with your art making processes
• A variety of skills and printmaking techniques to guide and inspire you, as well as enhance your appreciation of prints
• An opportunity to purchase additional printmaking paper at a reduced cost, if you wish to create more than 10 prints
Monoprinting from the Natural World is aimed for beginners as well as experienced participants, where you will learn how to create a stunning portfolio of unique prints, while experimenting with organic and found materials from the natural world.
Monoprinting is a direct printmaking process that is exciting with its unpredictable results, as each print demonstrates your unique creativity.
In this 1 day intensive workshop, we will focus on colour and texture working with a variety of materials and objects in ways that reflect their organic nature, while creating unique personal compositions.
You will be encouraged to experiment with different techniques and tools, and create up to 10 prints to display at home or exhibit!