Painting with Encaustic Wax is an introduction to encaustics workshop where you will learn how to paint with encaustic wax and experiment with encaustic techniques and tools
UPCOMING DATES: Sunday, 4th February 2018 & Sunday, 4th March 2018
DURATION: One day workshop
TIME: 10am - 4pm
LOCATION: Rear 747 Darling St, Rozelle NSW 2039
PRICE: $275 inclusive of GST
Encaustic artwork by noula diamantopoulos
What you will learn
• How to paint with encaustic wax and experiment with image transfers and mixed media embedding.
• How to make your own encaustic wax medium.
• How to experiment and work with different encaustic techniques and tools.
What you will get
• You will create 5 small encaustic artworks exploring different encaustic techniques.
• You will begin an art journal that will document your art making processes.
• You will come away with a variety of resources (books, videos, articles) that will guide and inspire your art making journey.
• You will have access to purchase additional encaustic materials from our studio storeroom.
Introduction to Encaustics is a Beginners Art Workshop where you will learn how to paint with encaustic wax and experiment with encaustic techniques and tools.
Dating back to the Fayum portraitures of Egypt, encaustics is a beautiful unpredictable medium that is both forgiving and surprisingly exquisite.
In this 1 day intensive workshop, we will work with the wax medium in a variety of ways - from a painterly fashion to one that embraces the encaustics organic nature creating texture and unpredictable movement.
You will learn how to make your own encaustic wax medium, experiment with different techniques and tools, and create up to 5 small encaustic artworks to take home!